Saturday, March 7, 2009

Making Up for Lost Time

Growing up, music wasn't a big part of my life. I grew up in a small east Texas town where my mom was the children's minister at our hometown southern baptist church...so I'll let you guess what kind of music I grew up on. If you guessed Michael W. Smith, Point of Grace, and Stephen Curtis Chapman, then you guessed right. I'm not knocking christian music, I still like it, but I just didn't experience many other genres.

Don't get me wrong, my friends in elementary school taught me how to belt out some New Kids on the Block with the best of them and dad taught me to love John Denver, but beyond that my exposure to music wasn't particularly broad. Then I met my amazing hubby, and he has introduced me to music that I probably wouldn't have listened to otherwise. My two personal favorites are Marc Broussard and Jonny Lang. We recently got the chance to go to both their concerts and I can honestly say they blew me away. By far the best concerts I have ever been to in my life, especially Marc Broussard! Enjoy some short videos from the Marc Broussard concert!




1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Yes, but which one of us....your amazing mom or you had the biggest crush on MWS!