Monday, January 5, 2009

2008 in Review

How do you sum up a whole year? I'm not sure that it is entirely possible, but here is a high level overview view of our year. 2008 was a great year for Michael and I, but I can't wait to see what 2009 will bring! If it continues the way it is going, it will be a fantastic year!

January
Michael and I started the new year some friends down at the Big D NYE party. Michael started his 2nd semester of med school and I was still working as Field Marketing Coordinator at SWA. This was a hard month to get back into a routine for us. We enjoyed to much time off during the our first "official" holidays together!

February
At the beginning of the month I was in Denver on business for a week. I'm pretty sure Michael got a lot of studying done while I was gone! :) We celebrating our first V-day as a married couple! Michael was super sweet and snuck away one Sat. and drove to Greenville to get me some of my favorite chocolate covered strawberries since I didn't get them this v-day. I love him!

March
Michael took his mid semester finals and did awesome as usual. We went to DisneyWorld for a week during "Spring Break" to celebrate my Dad's 49th birthday. We had so much fun!
April
We went to our first AVP Tournament together at the beginning of the month. At the end of the month I had a big event in San Antonio called Fiesta that SWA sponsors. This was our 3rd year going to this event and we got to take some friends from SA this year. We had such a great weekend hanging out with them and meeting their families.


May

I celebrated my 24th birthday! Michael finished his first year of medical school!!! And we celebrated our 1 year anniversary in LA!!! May was a very busy, but great month for us.

June

Michael started working in the ER at Parkland Hospital. He worked long hard hours, but loved it! I applied for a new job on SWA's Online Marketing team and got it!

July
We got to spend 4th of July with Michael's extended family in Boone, NC. We had a fabulous time with them. I started my new job!

August
Michael finished his last month at Parkland and started school at the end of the month. Before Michael started school, we took our first ever road trip to Gulf Shores, AL!

September
We spent Labor Day weekend with my Dad's side of the family in the Hill Country at the lake. It was so much fun and very relaxing. Michael officially started his 2nd year of medical school!

October

I got us and some friends into a free Dave Barnes concert! I became a guinea pig so my hubby could practice before actually doing anything to a real patient. :)

November

We celebrated Michael's 24th birthday in Chicago with friends! Michael and I went to Greenville and had Thanksgiving with our families. It was a short trip home, but so nice to spend time with everyone.

December

Michael wrapped up his first semester of 2nd year! We decided to not do big gifts for eachother and instead, take a trip to NYC! We came home on Christmas Eve and spent the rest of the week with our families.

No comments: